May 30, 2020
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 cup short grain brown rice, rinsed
- 3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil then add rice, swirl to coat, and lower heat to low and cover. Simmer until water is completely absorbed and rice is tender — about 18-25 minutes. Drain off any excess water if there is any.
- In the meantime, add vinegar, sugar and salt to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat stirring occasionally until sugar and salt are dissolved. Place in a jar or dish and cool in the fridge until rice is ready.
- Once the rice is done, kill the heat and add the cooled vinegar mixture and stir with a rubber spatula or fork as to not overmix. It will appear wet but will dry up as you lightly stir to release heat. It should be sticky and completely dry once it’s ready.